Tuesday, January 13, 2026

Crumbs Of Last Saturday: The Fool

It's Tuesday now but my thoughts go back to Saturday.

Before the memory grows hazy, I'll paint a picture of fragments. 

She was coming over and for once in this sad gray January, the big lemon in the sky decided to come out as well.

She'd never been over, but it didn't feel weird like it felt with most other people at first. Win, I guess, before she leaves.

I even bought fucking flowers for my table. 

She did compliment my apartment a lot. Trinket tour anyone?

The reason was lunch, she's too busy to feed herself well, and me, wanting to be a friend while desperately trying to share at least small slices of her time before there will be 7 hours between her and me, I cooked. 

I wanted to make my favorite unknown dish, didn't find the ingredients and panicked, ended up making one of my staples which she really enjoyed. 

We had coffee, she said my hand-pouring was inefficient, I said I liked it this slow. 

The balcony was freezing but what are you gonna do when sharing a thing, huh. Biggest giggles I've ever had.

She was positively bewildered at there being people who are just there, where she doesn't have to ask for help. I share the sentiment, but being there for her is the easiest thing in the world. 

I sort of turned her life upside down by helping her realize that she does have ADHD. That she's not broken.

She says she never wants to be in a relationship again, and that she is done with men.

I was the one who put that idea of forever singledom into her head, weeks before I looked into the mirror and saw the fool.

At least I found the missing ingredients for my favorite dish yesterday, so maybe next weekend I can play the fool again.

No comments:

Post a Comment